Wednesday, April 14

what's in a name?

dugo-dugo mo diha! hihihi.


Yesterday, I told a friend I have a very typical, traditional Filipino family; and I’m saying it with so much love and kindness. =)

This is probably why my wedding was full of relatives, why I’m used to get togethers of people from the youngest apo to the oldest folk in the brood, why I love dugo-dugo, balbacua, etc, or why I always will have a soft spot in my heart for these people no matter how different we are or we’ve become and no matter how crazy we can sometimes get. Hehe.

Now my parents, no matter how far they are, particularly my father have expressed their desire to have us name our second child “KC”. Haha! My sister and I had since then kid around na “ga-hilom2x ra among amahan. Fan diay siya ni KC Concepcion.” LOL! At first, I hesitated but not because I find it baduy or anything. Toinks. I hesitated because I already have a name for the little girl, and KC is definitely not the initials. But after a while, I’ve improvised. It needn’t really have to be spelled as such. =)

For some of you, you’d probably think that would be too much of a hassle to give in their favor and it seemed like you were kind of a little dictated. But to me, it’s not. I see my parents wanting to be a part of this special being and wanting to express their endearment (already) to the little girl and to us as family. Besides, I, too, was named by my maternal grandmother. Until now, my parents would still happily look back at how they’d joke at Lola Puring that they’d want to have this name and that name for me instead of the name she liked and how she’d never stop to insist in her cool, calm, kind way to give me my name. Hehe. Yes, I would want to do that: happily look back and tell the story behind my children’s names; this time, with my dear parents in the picture. =)



4 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

you have a name for your incoming bebeh?

konsuy said...

jin, ako bitaw mga anak patterned man pud from names of saints and suggestion from family. it gives everyone a sense of 'apil-apil' and that i like. labi na involve pud sila sa gastos. hehehe

inJiNuous said...

hi mai. oo, naa na. abtik man ko basta pagngalan na. hihi.

chi, hahaha! makatawa ko sa imo hirit. nindot man names imo mga ulitawo. =)

Plantation Bay Cebu said...

wow.. kanindot gud sa meal nmu!! kaon ko apil beh.. sa manila dinuguan plus puto ilaha.. sa ato lami ang with rice

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...