Monday, May 31

Surprise!


These past couple of days, my mind is pretty occupied. There’s family, work, pregnancy, the lil girl’s enrolment, etc. Yet when Tiris had to invite me for the supposed Kusina Habana (KH) blessing on May 31, I had to find the time to attend. I simply can’t say no to KH. KH will always be dear to me. However, with my scattered brain and neuron-storms (hihi), I almost said yes to a dinner engagement with college friends on that same date. :hide: Or so I thought before I knew about the surprise. Lol!

I reached KH Gorordo office at about 6:30pm. I was hurrying thinking all the other guests must have been there already for the blessing, but I was relieved to find out there was just me, Kaith, and the KH team in the office. Then after much talking about how heavy and hubag I already was (haha!), I saw the diaper cake in the corner. I thought it was such a pretty décor. I asked how much they charge to make it because coincidentally, a co-worker has asked me about diaper cakes and how much it’d cost. I remember the people in the KH office laughed. All I heard was Imyat saying, “Si Kaith lay pangutan-a.” I thought of it as a joke that I didn’t ask further. Besides, I was getting conscious realizing that I am pregnant and it may sound like I would want a diaper cake myself. Lol! Pastilan! So then I asked what time the blessing was and they told me 7pm as they’re still waiting for the priest to arrive. The next thing that happened was Petit and Imyat leaving the office saying they still have to go somewhere which I found a bit odd. Ang hingtundan manlakaw nga blessing man kaha? Haha! But I thought may be they’ve got so many things to prepare. So I let it slip.

Then two of my college friends arrived: Cym and Darlene. I was surprised but not really because weeks before that, Tiris has asked me if they have FB accounts so she can contact them. So I thought that was why she asked for their contact info so she could invite them for the blessing. Besides, it’s really not a shock we all get invited in the blessing because we (including tiris) all know each other since we all attended the same college. Another pastilan!

So all the while they played along with me. They asked what time the supposed blessing was to take place and I’d confidently answer them, 7pm. Then the rest of the guests came: Maimai, Karla, Ana, and Mimi. As the guests came in, food was brought in, too. I remember feeling a bit shy thinking I was the only person who didn’t bring any food at all and I swore I will ask Tiris why as soon as I'd catch her online. :hide:

Then someone asked (to this effect) by which I can’t seem to recall now who it was, “So Jane, wa jud kay idea ngano ni?” Then I looked at everyone’s facial expression and I looked at the diaper cake, some presents, and food on the table. That was the time it dawned on me, it was a surprise baby shower for me and our Jule Izobelle! Waaah!

They really had me big time, I swear. :hide: Never in my whole life have I been tricked to be surprised like this! Haha! Medyo naulaw jud ko. Hihi.

It was a dreamlike, memorable, and fun night. It was a first time. I don’t think everyone will ever experience it in a lifetime. It was one of those few moments I felt really spoiled and treasured.

Thank you, girls and KH, for everything and for simply being there.

Thank you, Tiris, for organizing that spectacular night even if you're far, far away.

Thank you, Lynette, Ayen, Chelo, Aileen, and Chichi. Wish you were all with us.

What did I ever do to deserve this? Know that I am very grateful, and felt much loved.

Thank you, thank you. *hugs* I’ll forever treasure you girls and that night in my heart. =)


PS I wish I knew about the shower though. I could have prepared myself to freshen and dress up a little more decently. Now, I can’t stop laughing thinking that I’m giving Ana (who took the pictures) a hard time editing my pictures. Lol! Thanks, Ana. =)

11 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

kaith asked that question, i think..heheheh..

you deserve it Jane. as in really really deserve it.

happy you're happy.

Mommy Blogs said...

thank you for indulging me hahaha! i can't wait to see the pictures!

aren't surprises fun? =P

Chelo said...

i wish tua ko ddto..namicture ko, nikaon ko and ako personally ningkab ot sa imong mga regalo..and also para maka kita sad ko's office sa KH..

Lynette said...

kalingaw ani uy! thank you for sharing your adventure with us. although yes, we would have wanted to be there - but since we can't... we'll settle for stories and photos. =)

stay happy, Jane!

konsuy said...

wish i was there to hug you. mag paabot nalang ko sa pictures. gwapa man gyud nang buntis, i'm sure the photos will be fun to see.

inJiNuous said...

salamat, girls. =) i'm very grateful. wish we were all together night. thank you. *hugs*

Aileen said...

happy you are happy. :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet, wish i could have been there. see jane? you are blessed in so many ways :)

inJiNuous said...

ai, thank you. =)

lee, bitaw. bisan usa lang unta sa inyo tulo. hehe. seriously, thanks mam for being there. Di lang ko mu-hug kay tingalig malagpot ko. hahaha! ;-)

Anonymous said...

dili ya, tagaan tika chance ron kay jyuntis ka and emo mode hahaha hugs jane :)

inJiNuous said...

lee, hahaha! gitagaan jud og chance. *hugs back*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...