Sunday, June 20

ben ha min


I am my father’s daughter; and I am not ashamed to say that. I can be very temperamental; and can utter what could be the truthful, meanest line to say. I can be very demanding but that’s because I want to get some work done. As years go by and by, I see a lot of my father in me and I don’t mind.

My sister and I have always looked up to our father. He has always been there for us and never failed to fill in his role to be the man in the house.

I remember I was in Grade 4 when our science teacher required us to bring a battery, a cigarette coil, and a very small bulb for the next day. I remember never having a chance to buy or get all of the materials by night time because from where we live, stores close as early as we were let out from school. I told my father about it and he promised to bring it to school for me. I was hesitant at first thinking what if he might arrive late or worse, he might simply forget. I was agitated the next morning before science class. Then at 10:30am, just before our science teacher came in, I saw my father right outside our classroom window with the materials. He was just awesome that way, my father. He still is. =)


Besides being always there for us, we respect him so much for the love, respect, and care he has given and shown to our mother through the years. He was God-fearing after all, never misses his daily Bible readings and their Sunday services. Yes, he’s a Protestant while the rest of us are Catholics. He never insisted that my mother convert or we convert; and although he had a very “masculine” job, he never mind doing household chores such as doing the laundry, cooking, ironing, etc. That’s really something, huh? =)

There’s still so much to say about you, ‘Dy, but it can never measure up to how much we love you.

Happy Father’s Day!

We love you very, very much. Thank you. If in my next lifetime I’d get to choose who I’d like my father to be, I’d choose you…still, always, over and over. =)


---------------------------------------


One of Benjamin’s display of (mean) humor:

Benjamin (calling out to a waitress of a resto grill): ‘Day! Dali ra gud.

Waitress: Yes, Sir?

Benjamin: Unsa ni siya? (pointing to the overcooked Crispy Chicken Skin we ordered.)

Waitress: Mao na siya ang Chicken Skin na inyong gi-order, sir.

Benjamin: Ha? Ig-agaw na man ni sa uling, ‘day!

LOL!




6 comments:

Mommy Blogs said...

HAHAHA! winner!

loonyrain said...

i like your entry ya. reminds me of my tatay too.

konsuy said...

murag magkasinabot na si benhamin ug pabling (akong amahan). makayabag.
i suppose daughters find it easier to relate to fathers. and to some point marry their father's too. i'm sure naay same type of caring in josh nakit-an nimo nga similar to your dad's.

chelo said...

perti nakong katawa sa line sa imong daddy=)

jane, i feel you in this entry..so much so...=)

tatsky said...

aawww, nice kaa.u iyaan, i miss my papang, will call him later (he's in davao btw..) good thing i see my papang in jasper ( dli opao ha...) ang pagkahilumon pero lalum, a very good provider in deed..

inJiNuous said...

tiris, may na lang napakatawa tikaw mam. hihi.

norin!!! di jud pod ko kalimot sa imong mga storya about your tatay. hehe.

chi, nah. lahi ra si josh og ahong papa (except lang siguro that both of them play tennis.) hihi. gituyo pod nako kay ako, mura man og akong papa. wahaha.

chel, i know...that's because i know how much you love and miss your papa so much. *hugs*

ta, wa pa jud ko kita imo papa. hehe. pero ka-imagine ko sa kahilomon pareho ni jazzy. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...