Friday, June 21

come away with me



I used to flutter over Norah Jones’ “Come way with me”. I used to play it on rainy days as I lay down in bed, singing with my eyes closed for someone I cannot put a face on (and it didn't matter that time and still does not matter this time)

 Between then and now, listening to it has become bittersweet; I hurt all over for each and every single note, for each and every time Norah effortlessly reaches it, like she was just heaving a sigh or lulling someone to sleep. 


“Walk with you on a cloudy day, 
in fields where the yellow grass grows knee–high… 

 Wake up with the rain fallin’ on a tin roof, 
while I’m safe there in your arms… 

 Won’t you… 
Come away with me.”


1 comment:

Fil San Jose said...

Aha! Anything Norah Jones I think of the husband. He would play that when we were oceans away. Karon, "Dont know why" akong kanta niya. don't know why I didn't come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...