Monday, June 7

that first day

It happened so fast. I was taking pictures then the next thing I knew I was having a hard time letting go of the lil girl's hand so she can join the rest of the class. Then finally, the teacher took her hand and made her sit with the rest of the class.

I watched her as she sat with her hands on her knees, looking intensely at the teachers in front of her.

I felt my heart in my throat and felt like crying when we left her there.

Waaah! So this is how it feels to have separation anxiety. :hide: I don’t know what happened to me. It’s not that I didn’t anticipate this to happen. It’s just that I never thought I could get very emotional. Toinks. Sige, butang ta lang kay bundat man ko. Hehe.

Anyhow, since her father was to pick her up, I had to constantly remind him to ask the teacher how the lil girl was in class. So when he did, he told me that the teacher said the lil girl behaved all right but they were confused with what name to call her. As you all know, her nickname is totally different from her real name. Amo la adto bunot! Lol!

Oh, the joys and thrills of motherhood. Indeed, to quote Lin Yutang, "Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." =)

Yet, here's another quote to constantly remind me:


"Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts for they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you
for life goes not backwards nor tarries yesterday."

~
Kahlil Gibran


She insisted she wear the hat, not the pink headband. tsk.

No solo picture kay muapil man jud ang amahan. Pastilan! :hide:



6 comments:

Aileen said...

So proud of Khandi, Jane! And she looks quite happy to be in school!

Ka-imagine ko sa imong itsura nga kahilakon. :D

Shutterfairy said...

Don't worry Jane..khandi have super powers... gamiton toh niya sa iyang classmates niya.

konsuy said...

hastang ka excited sa itsura ni khandi oi.
expect daghan na siya makat-unan so watch out. =)
ma surprise nalang unya ka.
amping bundat =)

inJiNuous said...

Ai, she is happy. =) ka-imagine ka nako na namuwa unya lisngag-lisnag ilong sa? hahaha!

Mai, hahaha! wa pa jud ka malimot sa iya super powers. hehe.

Chi, i hope daghan siya makat-unan. hehe. thanks, chi. =)

Mimi said...

start na diay sila? i so know the feeling =)

eager and happy kaayog itsura si khandi. watch out, naa na sad nya ni mohilak nga lalaki. :)

inJiNuous said...

hi mi. =) yes, ato rang June 7 nagstart ilang class. half-day ra nuon. orientation week pa man nila with N2. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...