Thursday, September 24

to bake or not to bake Imbao

Baked Imbao of Hukad


I had my first taste of Baked Imbao (clam) on Mai’s blowout in Hukad. (Thanks, mai.)

Baked Imbao tasted okay.

But the ultimate fate of being a second choice just had to happen to Baked Imbao. It was bound for comparison with Baked Scallops, our first choice that was no longer available that night (what usually happens when you crave or want something so much.) Baked Imbao lacks that “oomph” the Baked Scallops effortlessly give in its taste. Well, it is indeed tough being a second choice and a Baked Imbao at that. Haha. I’m just saying. :hide:

I have to say though that Imbao has always been a personal favorite. It is just now I know I wouldn’t want it baked and fall to the trap of playing second fiddle to Baked Scallops. Hmph. Again, I'm just saying. hehe.

I want Imbaos cooked and boiled in its own juices until its shells open. My mother cooks this way: no water, no salt. But you’d be surprised there is soup, and how tasty it is. =)

How do you like your Imbaos done?

5 comments:

Cym said...

i haven't tried baked imbao, mam... but i've tried the soup... and it's really tasty... and good for breastfeeding women... hehehe

photosandmemos said...

right at this moment jane, i really dont care whether baked scallops or imbao...kay beggars cant be choosers,kay mahla kaayo na diri, panagsa rako kakaon ana,LOL..promis nako mag tagbaw gyud ko inig december pohon,LOL..

improeve kaayo imong mga photos jane..ayay, i could feel an SLR coming..:-P

Shutterfairy said...

correct..next time i won't order it too because i like the imbao soup way better than baked.

inJiNuous said...

Cym, bitaw mam noh? I forgot na maayo pod ni siya sa pagpagatas. haha! So-so ra jud ang taste mam kung i-bake. murag cheese ra imong matagamtaman. hehe. nothing beats imbao in soup. lol!

Chel, hahaha! mao jud. kebs magpili unsaon ang imbao kung dugay na wa kakaon. haha! in regards sa akong photos, thanks chel. bukad akong atay. but slr? hahaha! igmaputi na gurong uwat, chel. LOL!

Mai, korek jud. Lami man ang baked imbao pero mas lamian jud if isabaw. hehe.

Lynette said...

Until this post, I NEVER knew nga imbao diay ang clam... amazing. thank you for educating me, Jane!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...